Tuesday, June 23, 2015

First Day of Summer

Over the weekend for Father's Day (and the first day of summer!) my dad, sister, and I drove down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the day. I was having nostalgia for the ocean. I'm very happy that we live as close to the beach as we do; it's nice to be able to just leave for the beach in the morning, spend the whole day there, and come back home not too late at night. I spent the day relaxing in the sand and jumping in the ocean when it got too hot. I love just floating on top of the water and letting the waves rock me back and forth (until a very big wave comes and completely flips you over. Not fun). Later on my dad and I took a walk on the beach and up the Apache Pier. For dinner we went to the House of Blues, my favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach. I had the BEST mac & cheese and then we all split the triple layered cheesecake that was absolutely heavenly. I think it might've actually been better than the Cheesecake Factory. *Gasps!*

Overall, it was a pretty perfect day and I couldn't have imagined a better way to officially kick off the summer season. ☼ ☼ ☼


























No comments:

Post a Comment