Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Myrtle Beach

My first spring break of college has by far been way less exciting than what you see in the movies. However, I'm actually pretty happy about that, because instead I've been super lazy and that has been super awesome. On Monday, though, I did go to the beach with my best friend from high school. We drove down to Mrytle Beach, SC and stayed there for a night. His mom got us a really nice hotel right on the water, with a beautiful view from the balcony. When we first arrived we had lunch at the Key West Grill at Broadway at the Beach. I had some of the best chicken nuggets of my life and some mac & cheese fritters. Yum! We explored Broadway at the Beach, walking around the different stores and stopping by the fudge shop to get a sample of freshly made dark chocolate fudge. It was actually some of the best fudge I have ever had! After we'd gone into all the stores we headed to the hotel to check in. We then walked on the beach, lounged in the hotel room, relaxed in the hot tub and ordered some pizza and room service. First time ordering room service! It was actually phenomenal. (But very expensive!) The hotel bed was amazingly comfortable and I got a great amount of sleep. The next day we went to breakfast at a pancake house in town. We ordered pancakes and (wait for it) chicken fried steak with biscuits and gravy. Ohmygod it was sooo good. After breakfast we headed out to go home. I wish we could've stayed longer but there's only so much you can do running on a college budget. It was nice to be there for a night at least. Hopefully the weather will continue to be nice and I'll be able to go to the beach again sometime during my spring break! 

   Broadway at the Beach

   View from the hotel room 

   View from the hot tub (!!)








   Never wanted to leave this bed

   Flourless chocolate cake courtesy of          room service 

   Seagull and a view🐦


   Hot Stacks Pancake House





No comments:

Post a Comment