Thursday, August 6, 2015

Poole's Mill

I would like to think that I'm someone who is always up for anything. I love taking risks, exploring new places, trying new things, etc. Which is why when my mom suggested that we go tubing down some rock slides by her house I agreed immediately. Poole's Mill is a quaint little park area about 15 minutes from my mom's in Ball Ground, GA. You would never know it was there unless someone told you about it, because it's down a back road and the actual river is hidden behind the parking lot and a playground area. But when you cross the bridge over the river to the rocks it's like you've entered a whole different place in time. Adults and children were scattered everywhere in their bathing suits, laughing, splashing, sliding, and smiling. No one was focused on their iPhones or iPads, as everyone was having such a great time outdoors (although I did bring mine out just to snap a couple pictures!). Everyone you bumped into was so friendly, they all smiled and said hello as you walked past them, and some even picked up a conversation with us as we were laying on the rocks. The energy there was just so freeing. I truly felt like I was encapsulated by nature and what was going on around me. I tubed down the rapids a few times, which was so much fun (and I only flipped over once!). I was probably the oldest person I saw going down but I didn't care, it was nice to feel like a kid again. No worries except for when it's going to be your turn to go down the rapids. I was so grateful to be able to spend this time outdoors with my siblings and my mom, enjoying nature and each other's company. Sometimes it's nice to get away from our iPhones and laptops and spend a bit of time away from our daily routines to truly appreciate the world in which we live in.






No comments:

Post a Comment